Ruth Kiniaru is a law student at the Kenya School of Law. She serves as the Advocacy Officer at Bar Hostess Empowerment and Support Program (BHESP) which focuses on matters surrounding female sex workers, women who have sex with women and women who inject drugs. She is a Human Rights Defender who is passionate about issues related to Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights as well as laws and policies surrounding adolescent and young girls in sex work.
In this conversation, Ruth talks about the laws and policies governing the implementation of ASRH programs targeted at adolescent girls and young women, Kenya’s cultural landscape and how it affects her work and access to sexual and reproductive health information for adolescent girls and young women involved in sex work.
Find HCDExchange and Bar Hostess Empowerment and Support Program on social media
- Bar hostess Empowerment and Support Program on Twitter: @bhesp
- Bar hostess Empowerment and Support Program on Facebook: @bar.hostess
- HCDexchange on Twitter: @HcdXchange
- HCDExchange on LinkedIn: HCDExchange
- HCDExchange on Instagram: @hcdexchange
- HCDExchange on Facebook: @HCDExchange