Welcome! We invite youth and adults interested in exploring and advancing HCD+ASRH to join our community.
Anyone can access or contribute resources, sign up for email updates, browse learning summaries, attend events, or join community calls. What’s more, HCDExchange members benefit from additional offerings:
- Get answers & explore topics in the community forum — Coming soon! The forum will be animated by a Community Manager and the HCDExchange team. Members can ask or answer questions and propose learning and discussion topics. They can also volunteer to facilitate topics of interest and help orient newcomers.
- Connect with others and find collaborators — A directory will allow members to find people and organizations, build teams and connections, propose joint initiatives, and create new learning.
- Lead or join a Working Group — Community members are welcome to lead or join Working Groups.
- Apply for HCDExchange opportunities — These will include a Design Fellowship (serving designers and host organisations), small grants, Technical Exchanges, and a Biennial conference (post pandemic).
In September, we will launch monthly community calls around key topics — starting with consultations on our Community Strategy. Check back here and sign up for email updates to be notified.
Regular outreach & events
Every month, we reach out to the community and produce regular online events. Every year on August 12, we host an International Youth Day Convening. We draw topics from the community and the WHO’s guidance on ASRH. Everything we do is designed to advance learning and promote connections.
- Blogs — Community updates and other news / ongoing
- Newsletter — email updates featuring upcoming events, highlights from the previous month, and a call for submissions for the subsequent month / 1st of every month. You can read all our past newsletters on this link
- Webinars / Anglophone — the primary connecting and learning mechanism for the community (view recordings and learning summaries) / Currently on hold, view past webinars on our Youtube channel.
- Twitter-Thons — to further dialogue on the monthly topic / Currently on hold
Youth Leadership Hub learning & activities
In addition to the activities listed above, the Youth Leadership Hub amplifies youth learning and facilitates monthly events.
- Instagram Live — IG Live events bring together different young speakers from the Global South around; IG Live post-event learning summaries are posted in the learning section / Ongoing, dates announced routinely on social media
- Virtual Town-Hall — intergenerational dialogues where community members share perspectives and cross-sector learnings in breakout rooms (browse Town Hall reflections) / On hold, future dates will be announced routinely on social media
- Spotlight Series — highlights youth who are doing great work in HCD+ASRH as a way to increase agency, partnerships, and engagement / On hold, future dates will be announced routinely on social media
- Masterclasses — Opportunities for youth to level-up their technical and soft skills, knowledge, and exposure to HCD, ASRH, leadership, and communication (recorded for those who cannot attend) / On hold, future dates will be announced routinely on social media
- Live Gaming — A series of games to explore the gaps in ASRH initiatives and improve awareness and health outcomes among young people / Ongoing, dates are announced routinely on social media