Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Consultant
Type of contract: Consultant
Expected Start Date: September 2021
Duration of assignment: 7 months
NOTE: This role has been revised and the new job description and application form can be found here.For those who have already applied, you do not need to submit another application
Purpose of the Consultancy
The consultant joins the team to support the curation and dissemination of learning related to the emergent field of practice at the intersection of Human Centred Design + Adolescent and Reproductive Health (HCD+ASRH), providing technical support to the Learning Lead, Sr. Community Manager, and Acting Director. This consultancy is intended to bring expertise in the production, translation and dissemination of learning materials based on several landscaping studies and other resources recently completed as well as community-led webinars and calls focusing on sharing experience and practical learning in this area of programming.
The consultant will support the two main HCDExchange workstreams: Community Building, and Generation and Dissemination of Learning related to HCD+ASRH. In close collaboration with the Learning Lead, the consultant will review, distill, and package learning from landscape analyses related to the four priority focus areas – adolescent insights generated with Human Centred Design (HCD), youth integration in the context of HCD+ASRH, HCD+ASRH quality and standards, and HCD+ASRH measurement evaluation. The consultant will help frame learning through delivery of learning products to serve different audiences – ASRH implementers, designers, evaluators, youth, policy makers, and funders.
The consultant will also work with the Sr. Community Manager and other members of the secretariat to produce and distill learning pieces that emerge from community events and engagements including community calls, International Youth Day co-creations, and webinars.
The goal of producing these products is to disseminate our learnings on HCD+ASRH through existing networks and forums in the Global South regions of South Asia and Sub Saharan Africa, contributing to and implementing our strategic communications strategy.
These will be executed with the oversight of the Senior Program Manager with technical inputs from both the Learning and Community Leads:
|Work proactively to identify potential products to translate and share learning and evidence that has been curated and generated by the HCDExchange||Develop a work plan outlining key tasks over consultancy period with guidance from Learning Lead with input from the Community Lead and the rest of the team|
|Develop and assist in substantive review/editing and development of learning products outlined in the Learning pillar work plan||1) Contribute to Learning product designs
2) Design and write short versions of reports and develop other potential materials for translation and sharing learning from from large research reports related to: Adolescent Insights and Youth Integration
3) Design and writing of technical & research briefs for all four learning domains (Adolescent Insights, Youth Integration, Quality Standards, and Measurement Evaluation)
4) Design, write and produce related learning translation products related to these and other topics curated by HCDExchange, including those related to adolescent Insights and Youth Integration
|Based on synthesis of HCDExchange learning, guide the HCDExchange delivery team and Management Team in crafting ad hoc messages and deciding what information materials to create to showcase project milestones, and progress||Messages synthesized for the community of practice personas|
|Alongside the HCDExchange Secretariat team, identify publications, tools, and job aids related to HCD+ASRH for uploading into the Resource Library, and construct short abstracts (under 150 words) on the value of these resources and key words||1) Resources in HCD+ASRH identified
2) Abstracts developed and submitted to HCDExchange Resource Library.
The Knowledge Management and Communications Consultant will work under the direction and supervision of the Senior Program Manager, based in Nairobi, Kenya. The consultant will receive technical guidance from the Learning and Community leads.
- BA or MA in public health or related field, or communications-related field.
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management, communication and /or technical writing and product development in ASRH or SRHR.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan, and transfer technical and operational learning.
- At least 8 years experience working in public health knowledge management, communications and/or technical writing. Past experience working on sexual reproductive health with a focus on adolescents and/or youth. Experience working in HCD is a plus.
- Highly developed writing and editing skills. Demonstrated experience in developing content that clearly communicates ideas, lessons learnt and experiences for print production (technical briefs, posters, popular reports), for dissemination on platforms that include web, conferences, and audio-visual productions.
- Excellent written, oral, and comprehension command in English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
Duration of Assignment
This assignment is expected to take 18 days a month (assuming 85% LOE) spread over 6 months from October 2021 to March 2022. The consultant will invoice for approved consultancy days required to achieve the required deliverable upon an agreed timeline.
To apply, fill the form below and submit your CV, samples of your previous work and a short cover letter explaining why you are an excellent candidate for the role, in the form provided. The application deadline is 5pm on Sep 22, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.