Here are the pieces that make up the HCDExchange. Contact us to find out how you can contribute.
The Secretariat manages day-to-day operations and work plans, facilitates community consultations to establish strategy, animates the community of practice, and supports working groups. The Secretariat is supported by staff from the two host organizations of the HCDExchange, InSupply Health and JSI.
Learn more about our people on our team page.
The Advisory Committee provides the Secretariat with expertise, leadership support, and strategic direction to the HCDExchange Secretariat.
Youth Leadership Hub
The Youth Leadership Hub (YLH) guides and works alongside the Secretariat to advance the HCDExchange, ensuring meaningful youth engagement. Specifically, the YLH:
- catalyze partnerships with youth-focused organizations and advocates globally, starting in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia,
- equip the HCDExchange with insights on youths’ realities and needs, with a focus on key moments in the HCD+ASRH program lifecycle and
- engage youth-serving organizations, ensuring that their HCD+ASRH strategies and programmes align with adolescent and youth priorities.
HCDExchange Working Groups are a key part of our efforts to boost learning and evidence about the application of HCD in ASRH programs. Supported and coordinated by the Secretariat, Working Groups are made up of members who are ready to collaborate on a learning topic, curate existing experiences, or generate new evidence for the broader community.
In 2021, the HCDExchange will launch working groups focusing on the following areas:
- Adolescent ASRH Insights
- Youth Integration in HCD+ASRH
- Monitoring and Evaluation on HCD+ASRH
- Quality and Standards for HCD+ASRH
While Working Group models will vary to reflect specific goals and members’ capacity, availability, and interest, each will commit to:
- Soliciting community inputs in framing and vetting learning products
- Completing a task and/or creating a learning product within in a specific time period
- Naming a coordinator / co-coordinators to lead and facilitate collaborative work
Working Groups will receive an operational budget to produce assets and products, including resources for meetings and activities.