The HCDExchange’s governance structure includes the Secretariat, Youth Leadership Hub, Advisory Committee, funders, and hosting partners.
The HCDExchange Secretariat is the team of people that works for and with the community. Key Secretariat activities include:
- Establish the strategy and learning agenda — in coordination with community members
- Build and grow the community of practice, facilitating events, working groups, and other activities to curate, generate, and share learning and evidence
- Coordinate the Advisory Committee and Youth Leadership Hub
- Manage work plans and day-to-day operations, including the administration of fellowships, grants, and exchanges
- Monitor and report on HCDExchange progress and evolution
Youth Leadership Hub
The Youth Leadership Hub guides and works alongside the Secretariat to advance the HCDExchange, ensuring meaningful youth engagement. View Hub members on our team page.
- Catalyze partnerships with youth-focused organizations and advocates globally, starting in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia
- Equip the HCDExchange with insights on youths’ realities and needs, with a focus on key moments in the HCD+ASRH program lifecycle
- Engage youth-serving organizations, ensuring that their HCD+ASRH strategies and programs align with adolescent and youth priorities
The Advisory Committee provides the Secretariat with expertise, leadership support, and strategic direction.
- Lend their voices and influence as HCD+ASRH champions
- Advocate for the adoption of good practices and for the generation of evidence
- Broker partnerships and create opportunities to secure political and financial capital
Funders & hosting partners
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) and inSupply Health implement this grant as partners — hosting, supporting, and working alongside the Secretariat, and acting as advisors, connectors, and ecosystem builders. As the grant holders for this phase of the HCDExchange, JSI and inSupply Health are committed to supporting and advancing the community, with the intent of building an organization that operates independently in terms of governance, management, and funding. HCDExchange priorities take precedence over any broader JSI or inSupply Health organizational priorities.
Beyond this explanation or where required by law or for transparency or ethical reasons, neither the JSI nor the inSupply Health brands will be associated with HCDExchange activities or messaging. Further, if they choose to engage with the HCDExchange Community, all JSI and inSupply Health projects and affiliates will be treated as independent members or actors.